Thursday, June 12, 2014

I didn’t insist on Echejile –Keshi

Elderson Echejile
Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has denied he insisted on keeping injured Elderson Echiejile in camp against medical advice.

Keshi says although he is not happy that Echiejile, who is a very key member of the squad, will miss the World Cup, he will not put the player’s career at risk.

“We have spoken to the medical team and the NFF and we have agreed, so I was a bit shocked when I got a call from some of my friends back home that I insisted on keeping an injured player. It’s a fallacy because I never spoke to anyone about Echiejile,” the former Nigeria captain was quoted by the team’s Media Officer Ben Alaiya as saying on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, Enugu Rangers forward Ejike Uzoenyi, who was invited by Keshi to replace Echiejile, was scheduled to arrive in Brazil to join the team on Wednesday.


Ejike Uzoenyi













Source: The Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment